For the past few years, I’ve been filling up notebooks and bringing one with me wherever i go. It’s my way of organizing my life and my thoughts as well as keeping track of inspiration that might come along. I don’t pre-organize the pages like some people do with Bullet Journals and i don’t strictly use it as a diary. I use these notebooks to write down any little thing that i feel needs to be written down. Here are some examples that i fill my notebooks with regularly and hopefully if you keep notebooks or want to start keeping a notebook, these will be some helpful prompts for you . . .
- A list of what makes you happy – one of my favorites to write down because looking back months later, you get to see things you used to love and things you might have forgotten about
- People to pray for – this is another favorite thing for me to write out because i always have friends and family who i say I’m praying for so sitting down to write out their name gets the list out of your mind and organized out on paper
- Prayer lists –this is any prayers you might have. They could be prayers for your future, prayers for yourself, prayers for situations or events coming up. Fill a page just updating God on your life.
- Answered prayers – This is such a cool one to keep track of. I used to do this one weekly and it always amazed me to see what i prayed for the week before and if those prayers were answered in some way
- Thoughts – when you’re sad, happy, anxious write down why. Write down anything that’s on your mind to get the clutter out of your head and down on paper
- What your thankful for – people, things, moments, places
- Describe your perfect day – where would you go, what would you do, what would you wear, who would you be with
- Blessings from your week – this is so fun to look back on your week and see what good things have happened
- What did you accomplish this week? – finished an big paper, tried a new recipe, ran your fastest mile, walked the dog around the block, any little accomplishment
- To-Do lists – homework, chores, grocery lists, etc
- Your daily schedule – i did this all the time in the fall semester. I’d write down every little thing from my day like wake up, gym, shower, breakfast with friends, a meeting, class, etc. I wrote down every little thing and I’d cross them off as the day went on
- Monthly favorites – food, accessories, a piece of clothing, an activity, people, places
- A daily recap – what was the weather, what did you have for breakfast, what did you do today, favorite encounter today, happiest moment today
Those were lots of my favorite notebook topics that i tend to write about. I really suggest keeping a notebook. Bring it on trips with you, carry it to class, write down everything and anything in your mind and then save them when you fill one up so that in a few months or a few years, you can open one up and see what you were like and what your life was like at that time. I have a notebook from my sophomore and junior year of high school and it’s crazy to relive some of the things i wrote about that long ago.
Below i also included some journal prompts that i found on Pinterest Incase anyone wanted to follow along with one of these lists and answer a daily prompt.